Parking and Transportation
2018 Summer Parking Policies
The Department of Parking & Transportation will start Summer Parking enforcement policies on Monday May 14th at 7:30 AM.
The Department of Parking & Transportation will start Summer Parking enforcement policies on Monday May 14th at 7:30 AM. DPT reminds faculty, staff, and students that during the summer months from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekdays:
- All vehicles brought on campus still require a parking permit unless parked in a pay-by-hour parking meter space with paid time.
- Any student-parking permit is valid to park in any student designated area.
Residential East, Central, West and South, and Commuter Zones.
- Students are not permitted to park in Faculty/Staff designated areas.
- Vehicles with current Park-N-Ride permits will be allowed to park in any student designated area and Open designated area but not Faculty/Staff designated areas.
- Vehicles with Faculty/Staff permits will be allowed to park in student residential designated areas.
- Reserved spaces including the garage are required to park in their reserved spaces with the following exceptions, South Lot, Jackson Avenue Center, Insight Park, and Facilities Management Lot.
- Faculty/Staff and Students are not permitted to park in Visitor designated areas.
- Park-N-Ride bus services are suspended during the summer months.
- Rebel Red and Rebel Blue campus loop shuttles will continue to operate on a normal schedule except on the Memorial Day and Independence Day holidays.
- Any permit type is valid in the Park-N-Ride sections (white painted parking lines) at the Jackson Avenue Center but there will be no bus service to campus. Commercial zones are still restricted to Malco Theater and bookstore customers only.
All other posted signage restrictions remain in effect including Reserved Parking spaces, ADA regulated spaces, visitor spaces, service vehicle spaces and posted timed spaces.
These changes to zone restriction enforcement policies will be in effect between May 14th and August 10th during normal University hours of operation from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekdays. All other parking restrictions still apply.
Please contact the DPT office at 915-7235 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Please complete our 2017-2018 Parking & Transportation Survey linked below if you have not already!