2019 Summer Parking Policies
The Department of Parking & Transportation will start Summer Parking enforcement policies on Monday May 13th at 7:30 a.m.
DPT reminds faculty, staff, and students that during the summer months from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekdays:
- All vehicles brought on campus still require a parking permit unless parked in a pay-by-hour parking meter space with paid time.
- Any student parking permit is valid to park in any student designated area. Residential Garage, East, Central, West and South, Commuter Zones & Campus Walk.
- Students are not permitted to park in Faculty/Staff designated areas.
- Park-N-Ride permits will be allowed to park in any student designated area and Open designated areas but not Faculty/Staff designated areas.
- Vehicles with Faculty/Staff permits will be allowed to park in student residential designated areas.
- Reserved spaces including the Pavilion Garage are required to park in their reserved spaces with the following exceptions: may park in South Lot, Jackson Avenue Center (Park-N-Ride area), Insight Park, and Facilities Management Lot.
- Faculty/Staff and Students are not permitted to park in Visitor designated areas.
- Any permit type is valid in the Park-N-Ride sections (white painted parking lines) at the Jackson Avenue Center, but there will be no bus service to campus. Commercial zones are still restricted to Malco Theater and bookstore customers only.
- Park-N-Ride bus services are suspended during the summer months.
- Rebel Red and Rebel Blue campus loop shuttles will continue to operate with one bus on each route except on the Memorial Day and Independence Day holidays.
- The South Oxford Campus shuttle will continue to operate on a normal schedule.
All other posted signage restrictions remain in effect including Reserved Parking spaces, ADA regulated spaces, visitor spaces, service vehicle spaces and posted timed spaces.
These changes to zone restriction enforcement policies will be in effect between May 13th and August 19th during normal University hours of operation from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekdays. All other parking restrictions still apply.
Please contact the DPT office at 915-7235 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.