Parking and Transportation
2020 Summer Parking Policies
The Department of Parking & Transportation will start Summer Parking enforcement policies on Wednesday, July 1st at 7:30 a.m.
Due to the ongoing health crisis, plans and policies may change. Please check the main Parking and Transportation website for any current information at olemiss.edu/parking
The Department of Parking & Transportation will start Summer Parking enforcement policies on Wednesday, July 1st at 7:30 a.m. DPT reminds faculty, staff, and students that during the summer months from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekdays:
- Parking meter operation returns to normal on Wednesday, July 1st at 7:30 a.m. Vehicles parked in a metered space must pay to park by using the Passport Phone App or by paying at the meter-head or payment kiosk.
- Any student parking permit is valid to park in any student designated area. Residential Garage, East, Central, West and South, Commuter Zones & Campus Walk.
- Students are not permitted to park in Faculty/Staff designated areas.
- Park-N-Ride permits will be allowed to park in any student designated area and Open designated areas but not Faculty/Staff designated areas.
- Vehicles with Faculty/Staff permits will be allowed to park in student residential designated areas.
- Reserved spaces including the Pavilion Garage are required to park in their reserved spaces with the following exceptions: may park in South Lot, Jackson Avenue Center (Park-N-Ride area), Insight Park, Facilities Management Lot, South Campus Recreation Center, and South Oxford Center.
- Faculty/Staff and Students are not permitted to park in Visitor designated areas.
- Any permit type is valid in the Park-N-Ride sections (white painted parking lines) at the Jackson Avenue Center, but there will be no bus service to campus. Commercial zones are still restricted to Malco Theater customers only.
- Park-N-Ride bus services are suspended during the summer months.
All other posted signage restrictions remain in effect including Reserved Parking spaces, ADA regulated spaces, visitor spaces, service vehicle spaces, and posted timed spaces.
These changes to zone restriction enforcement policies will be in effect between July 1st and August 17th during normal University hours of operation from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekdays. All other parking restrictions still apply.
Please contact the DPT office at 915-7235 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.