McLean Institute Undergraduate Funding Opportunity
Competitive scholarships of $4,000 are open to UM students and incoming transfer students.
The McLean Institute for Public Service and Community Engagement is seeking applicants for the
Innovation Scholars Program
Competitive scholarships of $2,000 per semester are open to undergraduate students at the University of Mississippi. Scholarships will be awarded for students to work with the Catalyzing Entrepreneurship and Economic Development (CEED) initiative at the university. Successful applicants will be exemplary undergraduate students with an interest in entrepreneurship and community economic development in Mississippi. Students will partner with community and business leaders in the state including groups like the Mississippi Small Business Development Center, Mississippi Development Authority, and Innovate Mississippi to assist in building the entrepreneurial eco-system. Other programs students will participate in and assist leading are the McLean Entrepreneurial Leadership Program, an Annual Mississippi Entrepreneurship Forum, and a campus-wide Virtual Reality Lab.
Dr. Albert Nylander, director of the McLean Institute and Professor of Sociology, and Dr. JR Love, CEED Project Manager, will provide supervision for the program. To learn more about the Catalyzing Entrepreneurship Program go to the following webpage: http://mclean.olemiss.edu/ceed/.
Innovation scholars will be required to complete the following:
- Participate in workshops sponsored by the McLean Institute and the Innovation Hub at Insight Park.
- Complete a summer internship or field work in a partner community during the summer. Innovation Scholars will be eligible for funding to support the summer internship.
To apply, eligible students must submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 19, 2021.
- A resume highlighting community service experience and relevant research or coursework.
- A purpose statement highlighting your interest in community and economic development.
- A copy of unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended.
Interviews with applicants will begin the week of April 26, 2021 at Insight Park.