Campus Recreation is Hiring!
Campus Recreation is hiring student staff for the spring semester. Visit our website for more information.
Student Employment with Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation depends on Ole Miss students to assist with many of the programs and services we offer. The opportunity to meet not only other Ole Miss students but also faculty, staff, their families and campus visitors participating in various programs or facility use is very rewarding.
At various times throughout the year, typically at the beginning and end of the fall semester as well as just before the summer terms, the Department of Campus Recreation will host job fairs for students interested in employment. The department will also offer a workshop in conjunction with the job fairs to aid students in drafting their cover letters and résumés. Once applications have been submitted, student employee candidates may be selected to participate in group interviews and then specific area interviews. After application and interviewing, students who are hired go through an in-service training and orientation program. Schedules are established based on availability. Student wages are based on the position and experience.
Please contact CampusRecJobs@olemiss.edu with any questions pertaining to student employment.
Campus Recreation Student Hiring Timeline Spring 2022:
Click here to review the job descriptions for Campus Recreation student employment.
Job Fair and Application Session (Mandatory) – required to attend one
- The job fair and application sessions will be held via Zoom, beginning promptly at the advertised start time and will last approximately one hour. Register for the Zoom session with the link below:
- Tuesday, January 18th, 5 pm – 6 pm CST (Zoom): Registration Link
- Wednesday, January 19th, 5 pm to 6 pm CST (Zoom): Registration Link
- Thursday, January 20th, 4 to 5 pm CST: (Zoom) Registration Link
- Zoom option – After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting and the option to add to your personal calendar. It is highly suggested to add the Zoom meeting you select to your calendar to ensure you do not miss the meeting.
- Learn more about working for Campus Recreation, our hiring process and timeline, along with application material requirements, helpful interview techniques, and how to prepare for applying with TEAMCR.
- Attendance at one of the job fairs and application sessions is required to gain access to receive the application.
- The link for the online application will be emailed to the @go.olemiss.edu student email account of all those who attend the job fair and application session.
- Students must be logged in to their @go.olemiss.edu account to submit an application.
Friday, January 21st:
All Applications are Due Online at 12 noon
- Cover letter and résumé (in pdf format) must be uploaded to the online application in order for the application to be considered complete (Must use your @go.olemiss.edu to submit).
- Late applications will NOT be accepted.
Wednesday & Thursday, January 26th & 27th:
First Round Interviews (In-person)
- Selected candidates will be invited for first round individual interviews (time determined by availability indicated on application).
- You will be emailed all the interview information, including date and location, prior to your interview.
- Conducted in-person, each first round interview will consist of one applicant and two current TeamCR employees, and last 15 to 20 minutes.
Thursday & Friday, January 27th & 28th:
Second Round Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for second round individual or group interviews (time determined by availability indicated on application).
- Some areas may require a practical component during second round interviews as well.
- Conducted in-person, second round interviews may last from 30 to 45 minutes.
- If needed, Monday, January 31st may also be used for second round interviews.
Tuesday, February 1st:
- Hiring for spring 2022 semester completed.
- Must complete online onboarding and in person Human Resources requirements by February 9, 2022. Failure to do so may result in loss of employment opportunity.