UM Today

Human Resources

Professional Development Salary Increases for Staff

Instructions for staff who are requesting a professional development increase upon receiving a certification/licensure/degree.

Have you recently received a job-related certification/licensure?  How about concluded your educational efforts to earn a diploma or degree this May or within the past twelve-months? If so, you may be eligible to receive a professional development salary increase.  Salary adjustments cannot be applied retroactively so timely submission is important. 

The following steps must be taken to submit your request for review by the Professional Development Committee.

  • Notify your supervisor or department representative so they can initiate an E-form 20.
  • Submit a copy of your certificate or conferred transcript to the Department of Human Resources.  If the degree is being awarded this May, you may provide an unofficial copy of the transcript now and follow-up with the conferred copy when it becomes available.  Documentation will be accepted via email (, fax (662-915-5836), or drop off at Jackson Avenue Center – Central.

E-form 20 requests and supporting documentation must be received by the Department of Human Resources no later than May 20th to be reviewed during the committee’s May meeting. 

You may learn more about this benefit in the Professional Development for Staff policy at

Please contact us at 662-915-7431 or if you have questions.

Human Resources team