Student Scholarship Opportunity ($4,000 per year)
The Grisham-McLean Institute will fund 10 UM students for the upcoming 2022-2023 academic year.
The Grisham-McLean Institute for Public Service and Community Engagement is seeking applicants for the Innovation Scholars Program.
Competitive scholarships of $4,000 per year are open to undergraduate students at the University of Mississippi. Through funding from the Grisham-McLean Institute, students will work with the Catalyzing Entrepreneurship and Economic Development (CEED) initiative at the university. Ten scholarships will be awarded to UM Innovation Scholars. Successful applicants will be exemplary undergraduate students with an interest in entrepreneurship and community & economic development in Mississippi. During the project period, students will research a problem and develop solutions that take various forms. Students will work with faculty members and community partners to identify compelling topics and to implement solutions. Projects will address topics such as business start-ups, education, poverty and asset building.
Dr. Albert Nylander, director of the Grisham-McLean Institute and Professor of Sociology, and Dr. JR Love, CEED Project Manager, will provide supervision for the program. To learn more about the Catalyzing Entrepreneurship Program go to Institute’s webpage at http://mclean.olemiss.edu/.
Innovation scholars will be required to complete the following:
- Participate in workshops sponsored by the Grisham-McLean Institute and the Innovation Hub at Insight Park.
- Complete an internship or fieldwork in a partner community during the summer.
- Innovation Scholars will be eligible for funding to support a summer internship.
To apply, eligible students must submit the following to email@example.com by August 12, 2022.
- A resume highlighting community service experience and relevant research or coursework.
- A purpose statement highlighting your interest in community and economic development.
- A copy of unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended.
Interviews with applicants will take place the week of August 15-19, 2022.