Looking for a Service Opportunity?
Volunteers Needed for the University of Mississippi High School Speech/Debate Tournament on Oct 13-14.
Dear members of the University of Mississippi community,
The Warren Debate Union is seeking volunteers for the University of Mississippi High School Speech/Debate Tournament on October 13-14.
The debate team has a proud tradition of hosting a tournament for high school students to compete in debate and speech events. The tournament attracts hundreds of the best and brightest students from around the Southeast to Oxford for a weekend of competition, education, community, and fun. High school debate and forensics are a prime opportunity for students to develop public speaking, communication, research, and advocacy skills. The debate team is proud to offer students an opportunity to develop these skills and get a glimpse of what campus life is like at the University of Mississippi.
However, to make this tournament a success, we need volunteer judges. Many judges are required to evaluate the performances of the students and offer constructive feedback.
For more details about this service opportunity, please contact Jacob Justice, the
director of the University of Mississippi debate team, at: email@example.com.
The upcoming tournament is a prime opportunity to give back to the community and assist in the administration of an important and educational event. We are flexible and welcome volunteers that can spend part or all of October 13-14 judging rounds at the tournament.
● You do NOT need to commit to judging the whole weekend.
● Prior expertise or background in debate/forensics is NOT required.
● Online and offline judge training programs are available.
● Volunteer judges will be provided with free food and refreshments during the tournament.
Judging at the high school debate tournament has been recognized as valid for fulfilling the service requirement at the University of Mississippi Honors College as well as other campus organizations.
Thank you and please let me know if you have any questions.
Debate tournament volunteers should be prepared to:
· Register an account as a debate/forensics judge at Tabroom.com
· Complete mandatory judge training
· Complete mandatory “supervision of minors” training (online; this needs to be completed even if you did so last year)
· Judge debate and forensics rounds on October 13-14.
If you like to volunteer, please enter some basic information into this spreadsheet:
Volunteers can also register for the event on GivePulse to receive service credit for
For more information, see: http://umiss.tabroom.com/